Two days until I start my new job with Procter and Gamble and I am finally starting to get my apartment in order. I have been in Ohio for nearly two weeks and for the first week I was working on finding a different apartment because the first apartment turned out to be in a really, really bad neighborhood. Only a block away from the building we saw two men getting arrested and not to far from that we saw a hooker. When I went to the grocery store down the street we were asked for money twice within 5 minutes. I was not prepared to live in that type of neighborhood alone and without family or friends around.
Instead I am paying only $150 more per month to live in a gated community with a parking garage, pool, fitness center, and business center. It's called The Drexel at Oakley right across from Hyde Park Plaza (which has a Panera Bread - very dangerous). If you click on The Lincoln Property Company you will see pictures and information about my apartment. Thank god they had something available!
I am still in the process of unpacking and decorating. As soon as it looks halfway decent I promise to post pictures. I will have to get some pictures of the city too at some point to show you where I am living. Wish me luck on my first day!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment