It's here. All my preparation to move to Indiana has finally paid off. I am in my new apartment and it's gorgeous. I will have pictures to show you soon. Everything is working: electric, cable, internet (obviously), and heat. Oh yes, and I have a dishwasher and an ice maker :-) ! This is my first apartment ever and for the first time I am living completely on my own. There are a list of bills to be paid, and to pay them I need to have a source of income called a JOB.
Tomorrow I start my new JOB, co-op if you will, at 6:30AM with orientation. Toyota's Manufacturing facility is pretty much the size of a city. Thankfully I won't be the only one pulling into the parking lot with a car besides Toyota. My mother and I drove through the parking lot and saw all kinds of cars including FORD, MERCURY, HONDA, etc.
Thank god Mom drove here with me. We had a blast even though it was 19 hours of straight highway. Pennsylvania was beautiful though. The mountains create a view that should never go unseen. Since we were on the road so much we were able to see the sun rise and set along the farm country, or so called Tornadoville. When we arrived to my new apartment my mother noticed she had the same type of apartment when I was born. The funny part is that we share the same bedroom location and size in which I lived the first few months of my life.
I share my apartment with Missie who is also a Toyota Co-op student. She just moved in today. Her husband and son came to help her set up. Her son is adorable and has the best manners I have ever seen a 7 year old have. Hopefully Missie and I will be able to develop a good friendship.
Wish me luck on my first day as a Toyota employee!
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well written article.
Post a Comment