It is the second to last week of school and I have begun preparing for finals. Three out of five of my courses have scheduled finals. Fluids, Machine Design, and Calc III are going to be my most difficult courses to pass. Tech Comm assigned projects to everyone and gave a take-home final. Chemistry is allowing people to choose whether they want to take the final or write a paper; I will be writing my paper on Wine Chemistry and Fermentation.
I have already taken so many extra desk shifts to cover spending and christmas money on top of being able to travel to Indiana comfortably. I had to purchase a new phone yesterday because mine decided not to charge properly anymore. Thankfully I have insurance on my phone and I don't have to pay full price, but that's still $50 out of my pocket that I wasn't expecting. I also found out that the apartment I originally wanted to rent with will not give me my security deposit back. The manager said the deposit is non-refundable BUT nobody EVER told me that. I called corporate today to explain the situation so hopefully they will refund it.
I found a roommate to live with so now my rent and everything will be less expensive. Missie is a really nice woman. She is 28 and has a family of her own. I feel bad for her husband, Kenny, and her son, Casey, because she will be leaving them. I guess its not so bad though because she plans on seeing them every weekend. Missie and I spoke last night on the phone for about 45 minutes and I am just getting to know her so we talked about movies, music, food, pet peeves, and the furniture for the apartment. I am so thankful to have found someone I get along with well and I know we will be able to compromise if anything goes wrong.
Christmas Break is coming up quick and at that time I will be spending time with my family, Marco, and his family. I have about 2 weeks to organize all my stuff and pack for Indiana. It's coming up quick!
Thursday, December 7, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment